by Explore Tibet on August 28, 2015 &bull 9:46 AMNo Comments
The Yak is really a herd animal found within the mountainous parts of Tibet and Himalaya regions.
- The yak has a tendency to gather in herds from 10 yaks to 100 yaks, many of which are female. There are just a couple of male yaks per herd. Although there’s a sizable domestic population of yak, there are just a couple of wild yak remaining . The yak continues to be utilized in many areas of Tibet, for pulling heavy farm machines and transporting large loads with the mountain passes。some visitors choose to ride yaks throughout their Tibet Tour. The average male yak can grow to around 2 meters tall, using the female yak being about 1/3 how big a mans yak. All yak have very lengthy hair to ensure that they’re warm.The yak is one of the same cow family because the Asian water zoysia, the African zoysia and also the American bison. However, the Tibetan yak is a little more such as the American bison to look at as both yak and also the bison have lengthy hair to be able to withstand the cooler climates。The yak breeds within the warmer several weeks of September after a pregnancy duration of nine several weeks the feminine yak gives birth one yak calf. A lady yak will from time to time give birth to twins but it’s unusual. Some female yak give birth to some calf nearly every year however it depends upon the atmosphere where the yak lives and also the yak individual. Yak babies are totally independent when that they’re annually old and they’re fully grown when they’re between 7 and eight years of age. The typical lifespan of the yak is two decades within the wild and slightly longer while in captivity. Like other types of cow, the yak is a herbivore and spends a lot of time on grassy plains within the mountain tops grazing on grasses, herbs and wild flowers.The yak has firm, dense horns that the yak uses to interrupt through snow to get the plants which are hidden beneath it and also the yak may also use it’s horns in defense. They’ve lengthy shaggy hair that covers their physiques that have them dry and warm.
Various Other Publish You May Like
- 10 May, 2017 How to go to Tibet: An Easy Introduction to Your Choices
- 3 April, 2017 9 Tibetan Summer time Festivals You Shouldn’t Miss
- 22 March, 2017 Prostrating Pilgrims: Gaining Merit Towards Enlightenment
- 8 Feb, 2017 How to pick the best Tibet Tour for you personally
- 20 March, 2014 Explore Tibet and Uncover Lhasa- the holy town of Tibet
Tags: Explore Tibet, Lhasa, Potala, Tibet, Tibet tour, Tibetan Culture
Next publishThe Field Of Tibetan Buddhism.